Basilica S. Maria Gloriosa dei Frari

Distance from the hotel

25 minuts on foot


The Basilica of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, commonly called just Basilica dei Frari, is one of the several churches of Venice and received in 1926 by Pope Pius XI the title of minor basilica. It is located on the Campo dei Frari, in San Polo district, and is dedicated to the Assumption of Mary.

The plant is a Latin cross, and the style is Venetian Gothic brick and Istrian stone. Inside there are many works of art, including two paintings by Titian. Also houses the tombs of numerous personalities linked to Venice, including Claudio Monteverdi and the same Titian.