The Ca ‘d’Oro is a well-known building in Venice, located in the Cannaregio district and overlooking the Grand Canal. Since 1927 is a museum (Galleria Franchetti).
The name derives from the fact that originally parts of the façade were covered with gold. This finish was part of a complex polychrome, now disappeared, considered one of the finest examples of Gothic flourished in Venice.
Official website: http://www.cadoro.org